Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bullseye

Well we had a busy weekend, but it was full of fun...and full of what Chance and I like to call "special dates". First off, we didn't really have a "Labor Day" post, but we went to Ellinwood on that Monday, which is always great fun and I love catching up with Chance's parents and grandparents. They light up my day every time we visit:) We spent a lot of time showing Harley off to his family and friends, and took a few romantic walks down the gravel road in the country with our little pup. It was so nice to spend time with Chance where there are no interruptions, no cell phones, and no city noise. I seriously keep thinking I want to live there. Chance and I sat on the fence in the middle of the field with the cows and talked about how we could totally get used to it there. *Sigh* Anyway...a great day in the country as usual. We talked with mom and dad, and his mom made ....yes MADE...me a gorgeous necklace. It is amazing and goes with a lot of my wardrobe! She is so artsy and creative it makes me so jealous! But I love seeing what her current project is when we visit. Here is a picture of me wearing it this last week. I got lots of compliments Mrs. Haddon!


Here are a few pictures of us on the way up to Ellinwood....we keep Harley pretty fashionable ;)





Oh, and I am NOT that girl who posts a million pictures of her dog and expects everyone to think she is as adorable as I do...but come on, how cute is she with my bear?!?! (Chance got me that bear--Bernie bear as I have dubbed him--because I have always wanted one of those humongous stuffed animals you win at fairs and he's the sweetest boyfriend ever)





Ok, so that was our Labor day weekend, but this LAST weekend, Chance took me shooting! I have been begging to go because, well, I love guns and Chance has like a dozen guns in his possession:) I like to shoot, but I don't have any concept of being accurate or anything, so Chance has been dying to help a girl out. We got a couples membership to "Bullet stop" and now we can go anytime together! (Ladies shoot free on Wednesdays...holla!) So here are the pictures from our first time shooting inside together! He let me shoot his 22 and he shot his 9mm.










"First gun lesson kiss"



This is what I have been talking to Chance about forever and we have never been able to find it until now! A hot pink and black gun! How awesome is that! I could totally shoot some intruder in the foot and be all "You just got owned by a pink gun." Ok, that's not SO realistic...but I want it. Chance thinks it's pretty awesome too! So here is a picture of it.



Chance and I have also met the best couple ever. Their names are Ben and Anna. BenAnna as they are so named:)....get it? Banana? Benanna?....
Anyway, they are STRAIGHT from Jesus. We both wanted better friends in life...and friends that love Jesus. Which are hard to come by these days! We love them so much. Ben does techy stuff and Anna is in psychology like me! She has her masters though, so she's a lot fancier than me:) We met them through our church and they are also in our small group. We have spent a lot of time with them and have pretty much fallen head over heels ...does that analogy still work for friends? It should...cuz we both click so well. I thank Jesus umm....every day for them. Girl friends are so hard to find. You know, the ones that talk nice to you and don't talk bad behind your back. The ones that hang out and laugh and talk about boys over wine! That's Anna. I sometimes get scared that she won't like me one day because of how much I enjoy her! Haha. So pray that Jesus really strengthens that relationship. It has been great for Chance to have a techy guy friend to talk with. We went to a movie with them, and then to Sumo for half priced sushi. Yup, they love sushi too! I know...perfect right? We went to church on Sunday and then Chance took me out to a special lunch at Playa Azul...super good mexican. Here are a couple shots from lunch.




So that's us lately. Family, guns, puppy, Jesus, awesome friends. That's a bullseye to me.

2 comments:

chicago_mom said...

Sammy says to this post: "show me some more gun stuff!" and then, when he saw the kissing picture he gasped and ran out of the room.

The Haddons said...

Love the pink gun.That would scare anybody.I think Harley has found a Fiend.H
A! Your friends sound awsome.