Thursday, September 2, 2010

This ain't your mama's kitchen

So, Chance and I have a lot in common. One of those things is food. Which is fine for him, because, well, he has a metabolism! Mine equals negative numbers I'm pretty sure. I like to blame it on genetics, but my family is actually pretty blessed in that area, so I can't really get away with that. So I suppose it may have something to do with a curse on my body.....or that I hate the gym...My data is inconclusive right now.
ANYWAY. We like to eat and we like to cook and we like to go out. We often spoil ourselves with going out, but during the week we have a "no eating out" rule. That rule often has some exceptions, such as ice cream somewhere...or I had a really stressful day at work so the rule is lifted for 10 minutes or so for a taco shop taco....but don't worry, the rule is reinstated quickly after the drive thru. So during the week, we really try to cook something healthy... or Edie's kitchen is usually open for a delectable and nutritious meal:)
This week Chance has really been wanting to cook for me. I know, I know, you thought he couldn't get any better, right?... So I sacrificed and let him cook;)I did my part too mind you! We had a very stressful day, and as past posts have mentioned, we are addicted to sushi from Hana Cafe (oldtown...go there). So I brought home dinner one night. BSCR. That stands for Baked Scallop California Rolls. OH EM GEE. I can't describe the goodness that is bscr, but someday, someday...you will know the goodness and you won't look back. Here is a picture of the angelic meal.


Chance was VERY pleased and we usually eat it way too fast and wish we had ordered 10 rolls. We also get calamari as an appetizer, but it's not as good to go as it is in the restaurant. So that was one of our spoilings.
The next meal was the main event that Chance continues to dream about and tell me so every day. Chance had this wondrous idea of putting bacon and cheese into the middle of a hamburger. Granted, this is no "new invention"....but it's not something you think about preparing on a normal day. It was SO GOOD. Here are a few pics to illustrate the process. WARNING : this meal does in fact result in a minor heart attack and ouchy tummy pains....but I promise it is worth it, maybe.






Dinner tonight was salmon. Chance and I also both have the love of seafood in common. Chance has a million cookbooks (of no influence from Daddy Haddon I'm sure...) that he likes to break into every now and then when he's feeling inspired and creative. He made salmon with this really amazing sauce that he marinated it in. I think he said it had onion, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, and sesame oil as its ingredients. Complete with diet dr pepper and noodles to compliment!



Thanks you chef of a boyfriend....for making my night easy, pleasant, and yummy!
Maybe I should take a walk tonight.

2 comments:

MA mom said...

You guys have been holding out on us....We could really go for those hamburgers sometime!

chicago_mom said...

I didn't even get to read this yet, but I just scrolled through the pictures with Sammy. I wanted to leave all his comments for you. When he saw the picture of the uncoooked hamburger, he said "is that the new dog's poop?" hahahahaha. Also, we call Chance "Chenis". I'll tell you why in my next comment.