Monday, October 10, 2011

Harley gets a brother...

Well.....yes.....it is true. There is a new member of the Haddon family. Meet Harley's new baby brother, Beast. (haha....beast)
Beast is a Lhasa Apso. You may be thinking, "What is a Lhasa Apso?" They are a lot of the time show dogs, and look like this:
Yikes...right? Well Beast is first of all black as you can see above...and also his hair will stay shorter than that! He is really hard to get a picture of, because he is 1) A puppy and runs around and 2) is all black and hard to distinguish between puppy and other objects! So I tried to google Lhasa apso puppy to give you an idea on his size and body and this is the best I could find, but he is a little bigger than that. But body wise, you can see what they look like without all the long hair haha.
He is very low to the ground (like Harley can stand over him) But wide and so soft and flat on top. With a cute little apple bottom rump! I tell Chance he reminds me of this guy off of Beauty and the Beast:
The puppy ottoman, Sultan...ha:) Only because he is just like that dangit! He is super snuggly and low to the ground and shaggy....and he sits on your feet! The guy at the pet store said they were literally used as feet warmers because they love to come plant themselves on your feet. He is super sweet so far....Chance and I were really worried about bringing another pet into the family, but .... I'm always "on the verge" of course! If you want the story though, it started when I was running errands for work and decided to stop in with a co-worder at Petland. I was looking at the puppies for fun and I saw this sweet boy! I asked to hold him and after a few licks I was ready to take him home:) Chance has been wanting another dog pretty bad and we need a medium sized dog still because of the apartment. I put a hold on him so that we could have 48 hrs to think about taking him without anyone else buying him. I told Chance I had a surprise and after a blindfolded ride to petland I showed him the pup! Chance LOVED him. We were actually going to get him and sell him to his best friend, Troy, because he has been wanting a really good dog like Harley, but after talking with Troy, he decided he wasn't ready yet...Chance was happy! We waited to pick him up until yesterday, because we had some company and I didn't want to be potty training with guests. And NO he wasn't a million dollars. He actually was older than all the other puppies (about 4 months) so they really wanted him to get a good home and sell quicker. He was priced at $950 the DAY BEFORE I came in and they took away all the normal pet store guarantees and mish mosh and sold him straight up and out the door for $250! Clearance puppy! Beast was named by Chance and Harley is getting along great. We got a hot pink kennel for Harley and gave Beast the black one. I also got a bunch of new toys so Harley didn't feel trumped. We also have been giving Harley extra love and attention so that she isn't sad about the new addition. They have been definitely figuring out the older sister, little brother dynamic...annnnnd I just realized that I am talking about these two like they are my children. Yikes...I am that girl right now. Stop it. Stop it. It's better than having a baby right away ...right? RIGHT? What if in these years of waiting to have kids I have like 10 puppies? My house would be covered!!
I would need so much food!!!
Ok...I promise right now before God and the world wide web that I will have NO more pets until I have a house and/or a child. Ok...whew! I feel better. Plus that gave me an excuse to post super cute puppy pictures:) Anyway, Beast is potty training like a champ! We brought him home and had a pretty rough first day and thought about taking him back (not gonna lie) but today he has rocked it! Pottied all three times he was taken out and hasn't chewed a single thing other than a toy since we brought him home! Also hasn't barked...and slept through the night with no potty in his kennel! I am basically the dog whisperer it's no big deal. I SWEAR that Jesus has given me these dog training magic skills since I went through every single birthday and christmas begging for a puppy. Now I have two amazing pups that are well trained! Almost. Beast is also great because he warms my feet obviously, and he is hypoallergenic (like Harley), doesn't shed (even though he has all that hair!), and hasn't been one of those crazy barking little dogs! Beast is just ....well, a little beast:) His nicknames so far have been Beasty boy, Furby ferbs (because his big round eyes and smooshed face look like those toys, ya know?),
.... Monster, sasquatch, squish face, and teddy bear. I'll keep ya updated, but so far he is learning just as quick as Harley did! Hopefully I am not dreaming that this can work out....and don't worry sisters and parents....no more surprises.....for now.

1 comment:

The Haddons said...

How cute !!!!Sorry Katie I wasthinking of a Char Pae when you called.Ha!I love it!!!