Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Kissy kissy

Ok so yes it has been like almost 3 months since I posted. I kinda thought there would be a bunch of after wedding happenings that I could blog about and actually it is the opposite. If I blogged about all the things Chance and I did each day, most of them would consist of us going to Target, watching TV, complaining about the gym, (which, if we just went right away we could be done with the gym by the time we were done complaining in the first place), and playing with the dogs. I know that everyone says that after the wedding you will be depressed because there isn't any attention on you and that is actually my favorite part. I hated getting asked questions over and over about wedding details. Not that I didn't love all my details, but the same ones...over and over. I am wondering how long it is going to take before people stop asking me "How are you enjoying married life?". 6 months? 1 year? next week? (PLEASE!). I also hate how when people ask "How are you enjoying married life?" with a lift of their brow I sorta cant help but hear in my head "So how are you enjoying sleeping over since that's the only thing that really changed since 'I do'". Maybe that sounds out of line, but it's just a horrible question to ask someone. It kinda also sounds like "I dont remember anything else about you to ask about so I will jump back to the last big event I remember which is your wedding". I want to say, "It's great, how's living without your grandma?" or something equally as horrifying. I am sounding entirely too morbid I think...especially since I started this post to show off my new found confidence in red lipstick. "Kissy kissy" is now not seeming like an appropriate title. I think I'll keep it anyway. I really want to boast about my new life change (that will inevitably be the next big event people ask me about for the next 2 years), but I'll put that in it's own post. NO...it's not a baby. Sorry for the let down. Ok so, I LOVE make up I decided. I never wanted to be the "I love make up" girl, because they seem to always look cakey and fake tan or something. But over the last couple years, I've discovered MAC. I think I may turn out to be one of those old ladies who will ONLY wear a certain kind of make up even if it's WAY out of style. So I hope, dear MAC, that you never go out of style. I got a Sephora make up case from Chance's grandma (and mine now, yay!) that my sister says looks like a tackle box and I should go on a fishing trip. I, however, am oddly proud of this case and the fact that I can halfway fill it! It is this one:
I have a lady, Renee, at the MAC make up stand in the mall, who is the only one I let give me tips, because (a) She showed me how to put on foundation with a brush like 2 yrs ago and I fell in love with her since then (b) I will admit the other sales people sometimes scare me with their adventurous eye make up and (c) she did my wedding make up and gave me fake eyelashes and made me feel like Kim K. I recently (ok like a couple months ago) got her to MAKE me like red lipstick. I was so envious of all the girls who looked so cool with like, a white tshirt, jeans, and red lipstick. I always had the idea that red lipstick was for, I dont know, a kids Christmas program and only the grandmas wore it. But magazines have pressured me and I jumped in. I wanted the fire engine red. Complete with lip liner. I LOVE it. I still don't like eating with it on, because of the obvious fear that my sandwich will smudge it onto my nose or something, but in general, LOVE it. Try to wear it as much as possible without being the girl that thinks she looks hott in it all the time. I also love it because my low lights in my hair are also fire engine red right now. So that helps. I'm looking up and seeing that I've been typing my thoughts aloud for a long time and it has nothing to do with anything interesting besides why I like make up and red lipstick. OHHH well....maybe you have some of the same thoughts as me and that makes me feel normal. Here are few shots of my lips....and a couple to show how it goes with my hair:) If you aren't already on the red lipstick train, jump on as soon as you can!

1 comment:

Renee said...

DUDE first off the girl at the counter is Renee...she obviously rocks. Second...I heart make-up. I love this post!