Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My "new thang"

So my big life change (to me it's big anyway) is that I'm quitting my job! Ha, ok that's only part of it...but I am quitting my job and going to cosmetology school! WOOT! I have only wanted to do hair and make up since I was ohhhh 16....so this is a really awesome "dream come true" sort of moment. I get my "dream come true" sort of moment because I have an amazing, supportive, "dream come true" sort of husband as well. He didn't even try to hold me back on this. No talks about what does this mean financially or anything, just a sweet "We can TOTALLY live just on my paycheck" comment, which to be honest, I am not even sure is true! How great is he? I normally think that girls who talk about their husbands so much on Facebook or a blog or something are ridiculous and just make the rest of feel down and second guess ourselves, like "Why doesn't MY husband wear cute suspenders all the time" or "Why doesn't MY husband take me to eat on the top of a mountain somewhere like that?" (and more so, how did they get that huge sofa up there for that photo?). But I can tell you that Chance and I have our ups and downs, and you better believe I blab about them both. But when he is amazing (which is 98% of the time), you will REALLY hear about it. He was so great about all this. He knew I craved a career and wanted me to be happy. He also loves the idea of saying his wife is a hairdresser, he tells me. I think he also likes the idea of me doing hair because I can always do crazy things to my hair and get tattoos. That won't be me....entirely. I already try crazy things with clothes and hair, but I can tell you I will NEVER be able to rock a pixie cut and never be able to do things like shave half my head, bleach it blonde, and wear the other half long. These types...wont be me. I can't say I'll never get a tattoo, because I promised Chance before I said "I do" that I would someday get a tattoo for him since he loves them so much. And I'm assuming by my personality that once I get one, more may add on. They WILL be classy though...still working through all that, I'll save that for a later post. ANYWAY, I will never be this girl:
I might DO some hair like that:)...but never portray all that jazz. Ok, so I'm REALLY excited. I don't even know how to prepare! I wish there was a way to, but there is just being really excited. Here is the link to the hair school I am attending. http://www.ericfisheracademy.com/ It is amazing. Best in the midwest pretty much. I am so pumped that it is in Wichita and that I can drive there in 15-20 minutes! So I definitely want to keep up on my posting but I am sure that during those 9 months I am going to be swamped. I really want to photograph my way through school though, so I will be trying to post my little journey along the way. Chance is excited too, and we are trying to spend a bunch of time together since I will be busy from Tues-Sat 9-5 every week. It will be a big change for us. I have prayed and prayed and I feel so confident in this decision. Even if I just get the minimum of learning a skill that I can use down the road with a family, I will have succeeded in my book. I obviously hope that my hard work and passion for it will drive me to a more successful place than just earning a skill, but I don't even care because I get to experience all this! If you think of Chance and me during a certain day or night, please pray that God will give us strength, energy, and the ability to glorify Him in each decision we make. THANK YOU JESUS for this! I am so happy. Of course hair won't be the only thing happening in our lives, so blogging will not turn into a hair school parade...but it's just our new thing!

1 comment:

Renee said...

This is the best post! You will ROCK at this! I feel like it's your life calling :)