Saturday, January 7, 2012

Arcade date

Last year for Valentine's day, I got Chance an assortment of dates for the year, one of which was a gift card to Chuck E Cheese! We hadn't used it yet, mostly because the idea of going into a huge room full of snotty kids was not my ideal date, but today we had nothing to do and like zero dollars in the bank, so we opted for the free Saturday arcade date! I actually ended up loving this time with Chance. It had nothing to do with the greasy pizza I got either. I felt a little creepy walking around with a camera...especially since we had no kids with us, but I have really been wanting to take more pictures of our time together, so I sucked it up and hoped no parents gave me a creepy look. I am also pumped that my new camera has a self timer on it, so I dont have to always ask some stranger to take our picture.
We ran around like little kids playing all sorts of games and getting tickets. Chance was super cute as usual and stood in line behind 6 year olds waiting for the games he wanted. Look how happy he was!
We also did this funny game where it makes you into a collectors card sort of deal. We got the "pro skatboarder" one and barely fit our adult heads into the frame. But yes I will keep this and probably attempt to use it as a form of identification someday:)
We also did this sketch game where you sit in the photobooth, it takes your picture, and then it "draws" you and prints it out. We didn't really know how to pose so we just did what we wanted cuz it counted down from 5 really fast and this is just what we ended up with. Pretty great if you ask me. Sometimes I look at Chance and realize how much we are best friends. I would so have done this sort of thing with a girlfriend in high school or college.
More of Chance playing fun games, skee ball, obviously is a favorite.
I tried to take a picture in the mirror of this one arcade game and people kept walking in front of us so this is the best we could do. That place is crawling with kids (and germs!).
So the date was great. It took up our whole afternoon and we had a blast. And yes, we DID wash our hands 10 thousand times after we got home if you were worried.
For an added laugh you can see how we seem to get my boots and Beast confused a lot around the apartment. Can you see why? Haha.

No comments: