Thursday, September 29, 2011

I tried something...

....and I am not sure how I feel about it. It MIGHT be that I am so proud of it because of all the work I put into it and I am blinded by my efforts:) It's like those kids that spend the whole day on a picture or craft and then want it on display. This is my grown up version of that. I have been seeing all these fun wreaths on Pinterest and I decided that even though we just have an apartment, it would be cool if I made my own crafty wreath! I went out looking for the supplies to make a super cool Halloween wreath but it turns out that it was going to be really expensive to make! I was looking for the "make your own wreath for $5" thing. So I had already bought the base wreath that I was going to wrap with something, but as I was wandering around Target, I happened upon something and my wheels started turning. I ditched the Pinterest idea and went with my own thing...dangerous. I bought this wreath for $5 that was all branches and real "fall-ish"....so I thought maybe I could just use that as a base and hang it for all of fall and not just til Halloween. So I happened upon these:
They are supposed to be for a vase or centerpiece (see the picture on the box?) But I got this wild idea that I could wire them to my wreath. They were $7 so I got them:) Chance sat up the other night playing video games next to me on the couch while I started in on my own little DIY project. I didn't let myself get down...and I kept telling myself it was looking good haha. So after a lot of wiring and taking out and re-wiring I ended up with this:
I need help here! I kinda trusted Chance to tell me his real thoughts and he really liked it....but I mean, he knew I put a lot of work into it so I think he was sort of playing the parent here and telling me good job:) Do I need to take this off my door??? Here is a close up of the bottom. Notice how you can't see any wire! YAY! And let me tell you wiring things that aren't meant to be wired....kinda difficult. Especially when they are circular. Also these pictures make the colors look reallllly bright but they are wayy more muted and fallish. So don't think I put up super pink and purple colors on my door haha.
So this is hanging on my door until someone tells me if I am crazy or not. Pinterest is turning me into someone scary.

3 comments:

The Haddons said...

It looks very unique and original.Iwould hang it on my door.Luv it. Jimmie

ohio12 said...

i love mrs. haddon's comment!

MA mom said...

Last night at Carrabas with the Hoffmans, Pat asked me, "Do you think they're a good match?" I said, "they're perfect for each other." Love you both.