Sunday, September 25, 2011

PBR

Oh....you don't know what PBR is? I'm sorry....only us country folk know I guess;)....Ok just kidding, I had no idea! Professional Bull Riding. YUP. Yeeeehawww! I was looking through some online stuff going on at our downtown arena and I found out that they were having the PBR competition here in Wichita this weekend! DATE TIME!!! We have just fallen in love with a couple from our Bible study from church. They are sooo nice but also fun and easy to talk to! Alanea and Jeff are so sweet and love the Lord and are just so encouraging to be around. You know how usually the couples who know all the verses by heart and all the right things to say are usually stuck up and no fun? They are so not that! Alanea and Jeff and so great. So since we had never spent time with them outside of church or Bible study we decided this would be a perfect time to have a "first date" with them! It was a BLAST! We went out to eat, had a few beers, buttoned up our plaid shirts and pulled on our boots and joined the other cowboys and cowgirls at the PBR event at the arena. Look how cute these two are! Oh also they are both SUPER tall and make me feel so short! We had a great time and wow what a dangerous sport! I had no idea how crazy big those bulls were going to be! How cute are they?
Here is Alanea and me with a cowboy and one of the big horses outside the stadium. She is like a head taller than me! Talk about model body sheesh!
Bein country girls:)
The clowns were so entertaining and one of them in particular did a lot of funny dancing:) I tried to get some good pics of the riding, but they only stay on like 8 seconds so I wanted to watch most of the time! It was so intense! It is scary to see them fly off and then almost get trampled by those things! YIKES! Oh and there was a cowboy on a horse that would have to rope the bulls sometimes if they didn't go back into the gate properly. It was pretty neat to see the horse working sooo hard to get that bull in the right direction! Some of them were stubborn. Also they lit the letters PBR on fire at the beginning! That was pretty cool. These pictures seem to be posting pretty small. I'm still figuring out the "new" blogger:) Hopefully you can see them bigger if you click on them. Oops if not! :(
We had a good ole fashioned country night and had an amazing time with friends. I wore plaid (only plaid shirt I own haha) and some boots for the occasion and drank a few beers too....good double date night!

1 comment:

ohio12 said...

this looks SO FUN. you look cute. hmmm the tall girl makes you feel like I feel ALL the time! i am so glad you have found some nice fun friends. i honestly have been praying for that for you and Chance.