Sunday, September 25, 2011

Project wedding: Catch up

So obviously the wedding date has passed....but here is a quick wrap up of the projects we did that I didn't have time to get blogs up for.... We got invites addressed, labeled, licked, stamped, and shipped! I was so excited! It's like Christmas every day when you get RSVPs! No one told me how fun that would be! Instead of writing out all the addresses, my dad helped us set up the computer to print the labels directly on to the envelope! But of course nothing is easy with Dick Daeschner and computers. So that took a little experimenting and then we finally got it set! 180 some invites later.....we were done! Here is Chance praying over the printer because it was not placing them right and ink was everywhere....and then finally it worked! YAY!
Here is our system of letting the ink dry and getting them organized. It was a long day for sure...we also did the rehearsal dinner invites! DONE AND DONE!
Then mom had an AMAZING dinner for us waiting right as soon as we were done with the printing process. Steak, baked potato, salad, fruit, and a few beers to ease the tense wedding stress:) THANKS MOM!!! SO YUMMY!
Chance and I had a movie afternoon while I placed all the stamps, because of course I wanted them all placed perfectly like my dad always taught me and Chance was not wanting to take the risk of messing that system up. So he took on using the sticky roller to seal all the stamps. Way better than licking them all! It was super fun and went fast with two of us! Half way through our movie we were done!! And here is our latest assortment of Donut Whole donuts. This picture is for you Susan and Laura! There is rocky road, chocolate sandcastle, vanilla applesauce, chocolate mint, rice krispies, and maple. Of course Chance chose the risky sounding ones:)
Ok here is a quick pic of my skills of matching our yard signs for the rehearsal dinner bbq to the font on the invites for it. Maybe I'm going overboard:) And then a pic of the day I got my practice hair done. Obviously my hair was texas big and more curls on the day, but just for documenting sake!
And almost lastly on the pre-wedding catch up is the project I have been planning on since I got engaged haha. Remember the old post with the cupcake holder idea? I got a bunch of frames from Goodwill, spray painted them, cleaned the glass, bought fabric to put behind the glass, and got epoxy glue to hold the frames to a random assortment of candleholders. I was really hoping it wouldn't be TOO hard of a project but turns out it was a little:) It was really fun and super exciting to see my ideas come to life. My college roommate, Amanda, and my sis Susan helped with the project too! I was SO glad I had them around during this!! Matt (bro in law) even did all the gluing! I was so thankful! It turned out perfect for my cupcake display! Obviously these pictures suck, but when I get the professional ones back, I'll post them. You can kinda see the before and after in these pictures.
Remember the other older project wedding post about the S'mores kits? Well I actually accomplished this for my wedding favors! It took a lot of bagging and cutting and patience, along with telling Chance how he was folding the boxes wrong....but we did it! Here is the end product:
Well I think that's about all I can find on my phone pictures to catch the blog up with. The wedding went amazing and I can't wait to see pictures! I'll definitely post when they come in...obvious:) I definitely couldn't have done ANY of it without my family, friends, and my NEW family! There was just too much craziness going on for me to get pictures of the rehearsal dinner, but I think my sisters have a few so I will see if I can get those. Now on to married life!

No comments: