Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Our first Valentine's Day!

This post is a little late for Valentine's day, but I had to post! It was such a great Valentine's day:) It is pretty crazy to me that our first Valentine's day ever ...and we are already engaged! Ha!
Ok, well we ate at Gaslamp, which is a new restaurant in Wichita where the Shadow (my old stompin grounds) used to be. They tore it down pretty much and remodeled the entire inside. It was gorgeous! It was super fancy and special. I had mentioned that we should try it sometime to Chance awhile back and he surprised me with reservations! It was so fun. I got a new dress and everything ...haha. Here is the only picture I could find on their website, they didn't have any inside ones:(


It was really yummy! I got a tenderloin with hollandaise and crab on it and Chance got a steak (typical!). It was sooooooo good. We also got a cheese fondue starter which was fun too.
Chance started out my V-day with some amazing pink roses! He really knows me, because I am so not ever traditional...and pink was so perfect! I love that he knows me! Accompanying it was a super cute card with this little cartoon with popping eyes on the inside haha, I'll put in a picture below. Sorry the bouquet picture is not ideal, but I was running late to work and wanted to snap one real quick. Don't mind my cluttered desk!




We got all dressed up for our dinner and I was so pumped to take pictures, because...well...getting me dressed up these days is pretty rare!... but when my mom was attempting pictures of us, my phone was being super awful and we couldn't seem to get one of us that wasn't blurry, so no full length pictures:(...also because I didn't want to be that girl at the fancy dinner being like "oh excuse me waiter would you take our picture on v-day?"...haha. So we attempted to take SOME pictures just us taking them ourselves and weren't very successful, but we managed to get a couple so we could at least document our night together:) I also took a picture of my shoes I wore to PROVE that I am still rocking heels even though we are getting older and married...I haven't given them up yet!




So that was our V-day plans, we were going to go for a drink after, but that was during the 7 days that my ID was MIA so ... we went home and relaxed. Which was fine, too! :) Oh ya, gifts! Of course! ...
If I haven't mentioned already, Chance is SO GENIUS when it comes to gifts. He always knows just what to give a girl to make her giddy. I feel like that girl on the movies that has that one guy who always surprises her with special things and always remembers things the girl likes and all her girlfriends hate her for it. Except my scenario is minus the hating;) I just love bragging on Chance. He is such an amazing man and every day I question why I got him. He does all the special note-leaving, surprise-giving things that I always wanted. Just him leaving me five dollars to get a drink or a pack of gum or a card is just what I always told my friends I wanted in a man. It's that thoughtfulness. So, anyway, Chance = thoughtful and wonderful. Thanks, babe...for making my life so dang special:)

Chance got me a really big fleece blanket from target with two cute birds on it. I am always getting cold feet at his apartment, so he said this was to aid me in staying oh so warm:) It is great! Super cozy. He also got me some Yorks that had pink filling and in the shape of hearts haha... my favorite treat ever! He also got me a really really special gift card to Healing Waters. It is a super fancy spa in Wichita and I am SO PUMPED TO GO THERE! Here is the website if you want to poke around:)

http://healingwatersbeauty.com/default.aspx

For Chance, who is impossible to buy for, I tried to use my creative side. He always wants more and more quality time, so I got him quality time for a gift! haha. Ok, kinda. I got him four date "packages" that he can choose from. He can take me out to 4 different special dates on me! I thought this way he could spend time with me, do super special things, and not have to worry about money! So he was thrilled...and is excited to use them! I made him promise not to use them all in one week ;) I got a little laminating-crazy and typed out these "packages" in funny ways with pictures and wording like I was describing a package on the Price is Right haha. I wanted him to know I put time into my dates and thought through which he would like the most. I would take a picture of all my laminated "date packages", but I am feeling lazy and don't want to, so you'll have to use your creative mind to picture them ! His four dates were:
1. Sushi dinner at our FAVORITE fancy sushi place downtown. OMG I want it now.
2. Special balcony seating with dinner at the theater for a movie. (He LOVES the special fancy balcony seating with seat warmers and big loveseats!)
3. An afternoon of fun and games at ...wait for it...Chuck E Cheeses! HA! Don't judge, he was MOST excited about this package! haha. He loves arcade games and well, what better place! At the end of describing the package, I put "Chuck E Cheese...where a couple........can be a couple".
4. The last package was a couples massage at a fun massage place on the West side of town. He is excited, his muscles needed this!

So that was our 2011 Valentine's Day. Chance was so thoughtful and precious and always thinks of super amazing things for me. Valentine's Day was full of love... and was the first AND last V-day together before we are official! 8.27.11 can not come quick enough!

1 comment:

The Haddons said...

Love the shoes and what I could see of your dress! Chance looked pretty good to! I think you are both very thoughtfull and loving toward each other and very creative in the gift giving department!