Sunday, February 6, 2011

Project Wedding: Cupcakes

So I want cupcakes for my wedding. Judge away you old fashioned wedding believers, because I am going bold in all areas. Pretty much any way that I can make my wedding different than normal is going to happen:)I love having details that are special and that I worked to make happen. I hope everyone doesn't think I'm crazy. I just have this weird picture in my head of how this is all going to go down. And I am so ready to take it all on. DIY blogs, watch out...I'm comin.
We already booked the cake lady. They are doing a whole bunch of different flavors for us...filled ones even!! So we will have flavors like smores, lime margarita, chocolate raspberry, lemon, etc. YAY! Susan was in town a few weeks ago and we went and tested some at a place that has cupcakes just like what we were looking for! But they were a small joint, and we weren't all in agreement in depending on them for my wedding, but here are some pics of that adventure. Thanks Suze! I wish my sisters lived here!!! We are getting a grooms cake also. It is going to be Mario themed:) And then our "topper" will be a small cake that looks like a giant cupcake! How fun, right?





So, here is the basic idea of what I am going for.These pictures aren't the EXACT as I will do obviously, but this is the general display I want:



Or maybe something like this:



So, cupcakes... CHECK! You may think I'm crazy, but I'm planning on making my own stands for them:) HAHA! Man I'm committing to a lot. They may end up horrible, but gosh dangit, I'm gonna try. I think I can find some neat plates and then hot glue/super glue a cup to the bottom to make a stand that is customized to the style I'm going for. So basically I want to transform stuff like this:



....to things like this:



...Except way more awesome...cuz they will be Katie style:) Like this:



Anyway, I hope to go to places like Hobby Lobby and find some awesome things to put together. Also, I want to make platters out of old frames and fabric...You spray paint old frames and then put whatever fabric in the frame to coordinate with your wedding. It looks like this:



...whatcha think? I really like the idea and it seems simple. Seems ....key word.
Anyway. That's my project cupcakes. In the works!

2 comments:

The Whites said...

first picture DIY cupcake stands = not good... second picture = awesome!!! That will be sooo pretty!

On the Verge-Couples ed. said...

HAHA Beth, thanks for pointing out that those are lame. Exactly my point! But I was trying to find a picture that communicated the project:) So ya, no crystal or plain white stands honey...dont worry;)