Sunday, February 6, 2011

Project Wedding: Photographer

This is my least favorite thing to figure out and my favorite thing about weddings! It is why I am doing all these little details! I want pictures of my work haha. So we went to bridal fair after bridal fair and had at least 4 consultations with photographers who we were hoping had good stuff. We did see a LOT of good stuff, some stuff overpriced, and some stuff not so our style.

We had FINALLY decided on Tim Davis, an amazing photographer who knew my sisters in high school. We loved him, but wanted to talk budget before committing because he was still expensive. Well I called him to book officially, and he proceeded to call me back and tell me that a couple had booked him ON THE SPOT FOR MY DATE!!! AUGHHHH! I cried. Not gonna lie. It was the first thing that I had decided to put money down on and I was back stabbed! Ok not really, but man was it hard for me to trust God in all that. I called my mom and sister, got some encouraging words, and bucked up. I looked and looked for more photographers and after talking on the phone with a good friend of mine from Ohio, I was informed that there was a really cool photographer that traveled for weddings!

Well I checked her out. SHE ROCKS!!!! I thought her pictures were SO good and SO my style that there was no way I could afford her I thought. I emailed her, and guess what?! She was in our budget! We are flying our photographer in from Ohio! Crazy! I feel like that sounds fancy, but in fact, it is not. haha. God really provided and I can see now why He wanted me to wait for Jessica. Here is a link to her site. Just click on it and check her stuff out!

http://www.jessica-valle.com

She takes amazing pictures. Clicking on the link above will open a new tab for you so don't worry mom, it won't take you away from this page:) Thanks, Chance!

So Tim Davis is probably still going to do our engagement sessions! I told him he owed me for ditching a Daeschner wedding opportunity;) He felt awful and said that he always checks with the people who book first but when a couple wants to sign a contract on the spot he has to say yes! So I obviously understood.
Anyway...project photography, check!

1 comment:

The Whites said...

haha you ARE so fancy flying in your photographer!!

have you looked at dresses yet? Ahhh the dress is the best part!!