Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Wedding: Bridal Party

FINALLY I can post about my bridal party!!! I had been trying to find a cute way to ask all my girls to be bridesmaids, but it was hard because 5 out of the 7 don't even live in Wichita! So as I was browsing on Etsy, I found these handmade paper fortune cookies and you could get a message written inside them. Well I just thought that was a neat idea, but as I got to thinking...I realized hey, I bet I could make those by myself!
So....after a few youtube video instructionals and web page look ups, I finally got it down! Thanks to Aunt Cordry for all those origami books that got me so good at the art of folding paper haha...
I printed out little fortune papers to go inside each fortune "cookie" that said "It is in your destiny to be present in Wichita, KS on August 27,2011 as a bridesmaid for Chance and Katie's wedding. Lucky numbers: 08 27 11". I folded up some fortune cookies from some scrapbook paper with the message inside and then found some Chinese take out fold boxes from Target! What a blessing Target had some cute ones! They had to be mailed, so I was nervous the paper cookies would get smashed:( But it all worked out! I got some tissue paper to keep the cookies from smashing and put a message on top that said "Open to find your fortune" when you opened the box.
So I shipped off all SEVEN boxes and waited for each girl to receive their box!
Here are a few pics of the process of packaging and learning how to fold the fortune cookies:)

Chance did this....


While I did this....


Which eventually turned into this....






The bridal party is as follows:
Matron of HonorS: Yes two....my two sisters! Who else could possibly be as important to me as my big sisters!? They have been through a lot with me, been examples, and have loved on me my entire life. Sorry Laura, for not giving you a bite of my ice cream when I was 5, but this is my way of saying "Thanks!(and sorry!)" haha. So I am honored to have them each as a Matron of Honor at my wedding. I love you sisters. :)

Bridesmaids:
Tara- Chance's sister
Amanda- roommate from college
Jessica- friend from college
Anna- friend from church
Erin- friend since high school

Seems like a lot right? .... Well, it seemed like a lot of packages to make haha, but it was worth it. Those girls are so special and I couldn't have made it through a lot of my life situations without them. God provided each of them right when I needed it. Thanks, girls....I can't wait!
Chance is having seven as well, to match me:) His friends are all super fun and all but one is from Ellinwood. So he is pumped to have a big bridal party to hang with all day:)
That's my wedding party! I am so glad that part is over and I want to get on finding some outfits for them! I obviously want them to be wearing something to fit my theme, which is relaxed, chill, and laid back. I don't want dresses, I want skirts and cute ruffle cardigans or something of the sort. I am HOPING for yellow straight pencil type skirts and then a black or white under shirt with the cardigan over it. My inspiration was this: (found it on a blog!)



Cute? I really like it and I refuse to find something else. Well not REFUSE, but I would like something in this genre. With those colors. See how one of them is wearing a grey dress? I am assuming she is wearing something different because she is the maid of honor. I am thinking Susan and Laura could find a matching grey dress with a yellowish cardigan or cover thing like that. That way they could be matching and sort of different than the rest of the girls. If any of you see anything like these pictures, let me know! :) I am on the prowl!!

2 comments:

The Whites said...

bahahaha origami! I almost died laughing!!!

I love that picture with the pencil skirts... was the blog mormon? Even the bride is totally covered (though still super cute, which makes me think mormon - they are the craftiest people!). sorry its late. lol

And Chance and Mike really are alike!

chicago_mom said...

Don't be mad, but I haven't gotten mine! I'll be on alert for the mailman today, but thanks for asking me! I'm honored. And I'll be on the prowl for a grey dress. Gray dress? Hmmm....

Your ideas are so nice and thoughtful. Sorry mail apparently gets lost in a black hole on the way to chicago.