Thursday, February 10, 2011

Project Wedding: Flower girls and Ring bearer

Well, I officially can blog about my nieces and nephew being in my wedding because they got their packages and accepted! I really wanted to do some personal stuff for my wedding. I just want it to be special and want them to remember it as something meaningful to me. I decided that it would be super fun to have all three of my nieces as my flower girls and my nephew as my ring bearer. They are such fun friends and I think they would enjoy all walking down the aisle together:) PLUS they are all adorable!!!....BONUS! :) I wish Wella wella (my youngest niece, Luella) could be in it, but alas...I think she will be too tiny still. Well, her chubs wont be small! :) I miss her! I will probably sneak her into lots of pictures with the wedding party!

So since I have been really committing myself to doing special DIY things throughout my wedding preps, I decided to do something fun for the kids:) In order to ask them to be in my wedding, I wrote them a little poem and laminated it (bonus, i love laminating) with a picture of all three girls together. They are such buds and I took a silly pic of them over a holiday and who knew I would need it now! I also sent them each a cute little handmade bow for their hair that I got from a cute specialty store here in Wichita. It was kind of a bribe to say yes! haha. I sent Sammy a cap gun, cuz I mean, this kid doesn't want a hair clip and man does he love guns! So I sent him a different bribe. Here are some pics of the packages I put together for them to open. I was so excited to hear from them when they got it! Chance and I have been on the edge of our seats ever since we mailed it. I wish real mail was like email!
(If you click on the last picture it will make it bigger so you can read the poem I attempted to write)





Oh, and here is a pic of the ring bearer "pillow" that we ordered. I think it goes with my sort of, rustic, shabby chic theme. And maybe Sammy will think it's cooler than carrying a lace bordered pillow;) It's kind of like a cut out from a tree trunk?....Anyway, I took a liking to it! It's from Etsy of course:)



Thanks Sammy, Claire, Ellie, and Jane for being a part of your Aunt's big day! I love you so much!

PS
Here are a couple recent pictures of the ring:) I just love trying different nail colors to make it look extra pretty. I know, I know, I won't always take care of my hands and I will eventually get used to my ring as I get into marriage, but I want to take advantage of how much I love it now! So here are a few recent ones! (As if it fluctuates haha)


2 comments:

ohio12 said...

thanks for including the kids! they are going to love it!

chicago_mom said...

Sammy shot the cap gun off in the middle of our girl scouts meeting last week (on accident actually) but the kids loved the whole thing. Claire actually acted really shy about the whole thing and kinda ran off to her room with her stuff. Haha! Typical!

Love all your wedding ideas.

Suze