Friday, February 11, 2011

Project Wedding: "Flowers"

Well...flowers. This was a total God thing because I was really wanting something ...wait for it....BOLD :) But unique, and laid back....sensing a pattern in the plans yet? haha.
I wanted some bouquets that were kind of wildflower looking, but still modern. Kinda like this type of thing:




So I went to a consultation with a local florist who is well known for creativity. He was super nice and spent ohhhh two hours telling me how to do everything about my wedding except for the flowers haha. Finally in the last 30 minutes we talked about flowers and he actually pulled out some stuff that was pretty much exactly what I wanted!
Anyway, we had pretty much decided on that florist when I stumbled upon something on..............I'll give you once guess....ETSY!
I fell in love with something completely bold, unique, different, and fun! Which suits my style just perfectly:) So I ditched the flower idea. I mean, who has real flowers at their wedding?...haha JUST KIDDING. Here are the pictures of what I ordered.



All the bridesmaids will have different bouquets with different buttons. My bouquet will be a little bigger than the girls and mostly white with accents of yellow and grey with really blingy buttons. The bridesmaids will have alternating colors on theirs. Like mostly grey with white and yellow and mostly yellow with white and grey, with more solid buttons. The boutonnieres are super cute too. Chance is so pumped about them!Here I included some pictures of an example that the lady who makes them sent me where the exact ones I want were used in a wedding!



The flower girls will carry the same type of bouquet...but only like 5 stems. So they will definitely match the "big girls" but more their size:) On their bouquets, I also included a little personal touch and added a few leaves to their bouquet. One leaf on each bouquet will be monogrammed with their initials! So I hope the little girls think that's super special. I'll put up pics when I get them.
The moms and grandmas will wear corsages that are made from the flowers on the bouquets...and made special with some of the same "blingy" buttons that will be on my bouquet.
I got a "toss size" bouquet for throwing at the reception. Cuz I'm sure as heck not throwing my beautiful keepsake! Ha. It will be special to throw one that whoever catches it can keep! I'm really excited to see all that I ordered. I think it will be fun! And then I don't have to worry about flowers being delivered, them wilting in the August heat, etc...I'm attempting to get away with NO LIVE flowers at my wedding. Not so traditional. Hopefully no one judges me. Chance and I both agree on what style we want, and making him happy and everyone have a relaxing, fun time at my wedding is what's most important to me. If I can succeed at those things, I will be one happy frikin bride:)

3 comments:

The Whites said...

most. amazing. bouquet. ever! Why wasn't etsy around when I got married?! And it will last forever so you won't be spending a ton of extra $ to have it "preserved" or leave it sitting on your kitchen counter for months before finally deciding to toss it (guess which one I did ;-) and it won't look tacky like fake flowers do! haha remember my make-shift bouquet that you made for tossing? ah memories

ohio12 said...

darling!

chicago_mom said...

Cute idea! You should get money from Etsy for doing an entirely etsy wedding! You're like their poster girl.