Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Project Wedding: Food and Shoes

Ok, so I am overflowing with thankfulness, because God has blessed me with AMAZING in-laws. They have been there for me during visits to Ellinwood and have been so encouraging to get to know. I never thought I would love the family I married into so much. As if God hasn't already given me a fabulous immediate family, He goes and gives me more! I am so lucky. I have two parents who love and support us constantly and now I have two more! Thank you Mom, Dad, Jimmy, and Big Ran ;).....you all are so special.

One cool in-law fact is that Randy owns a restaurant in Ellinwood. I believe I have blogged about it before...
Anyway, he has amazing talent for cooking (again, I already have a mom that is a fabulous cook and now a future father in law!) and commits himself to catering as well! We thought and prayed about it for awhile and finally decided to ask if he would cater for our wedding (and rehearsal dinner!). I was hesitant, because I really don't want him hurrying around all day and missing out on wedding day stuff. He seemed to really be open to doing it and every time we mentioned it, he was very positive and said he would love to. I still think he is going to get in trouble with me on my wedding day for working too much, but he assures me he will stay in his "father of the groom" position once the wedding starts. We'll see... ;)
Here is Chance and his dad when we went to see him at a fair he was selling food at. Lone Wolf...yummmm...




Anyway, I have a caterer now! A great one at that! His place is called the Lone Wolf and he will be hauling down his big ole stocked up trailer to Wichita for cookin. I am so excited to have him be a part of our day! I have my dad as the officiant and my father in law as the cook! It's a family affair apparently:) So I haven't decided WHAT he is going to cater yet but I am open for suggestions. He can LITERALLY do anything. So I am not sure where to start! He has great potatoes, so that's a for sure, but vegetables and meat....I don't know. Feel free to comment your ideas.

Ok, SHOES! I have found the shoes people....get excited. I was nervous to order them because they are from Etsy, a sight where only handmade and vintage things can be sold. So it's not like they are returnable! But, I made the purchase! I really wanted super cute heels at first, but then I thought about trotting around in them all day and dancing...and I decided cute flats would be fun and realistic. So I have been looking far and wide for some unique flats that would be bold...like my wedding:)
Well, how much more bold can hand made, hand painted flats be? Here they are...I don't have them yet, I just sent my measurements, but I will take a picture of them when I get them in. They will also say "Chance (heart) Katie" on the back banner. With a drawn heart in between our names. The front top part will all be the same except she is adding our wedding date above the flower:) It is really neat because as soon as I bought them she took them off her store! So maybe that means no one else can buy them??? The store is called "No ordinary stuff"...So that makes me feel special, haha. Anyway, here they are:




So maybe it's weird that I combined shoes with food, but those are the updates:) Keepin up?.....

3 comments:

The Whites said...

what are your colors?

I love etsy and those shoes!

On the Verge-Couples ed. said...

my colors are yellow, white, and grey. i may throw a little blue in there at some point but prob not. all like more faded colors. not too bold. more vintage-y

catering service in manila said...

Nice shoe perfect for me I like it.

zonia