Monday, July 5, 2010

I met a boy...

I really don't want to have one of those blogs that is a huge long story that no one can make it through without dozing off so although I enjoy story-telling and details, I will do what I can to spare you...I mean, unless it's a really GOOD story.

I'm gonna skip the part where you learn all about how I'm the surprise third born of three girls and all those types of details you can figure out along the way...because I want to begin where I meet a boy. (That's the juicy stuff anyway ...right?)

I'm also going to skip all the parts of my life where I dated different kinds of guys and why this one is so great compared to them...because...well, that's boring too...and kind of embarrassing most of the time.

So...now that we are clear: I met a boy. His name is Chance. Chance Haddon. Kind of sounds like one of those names you would see on a big truck with the big graffitied letters "CHANCE" on it somewhere right?...well...He's SO not that guy.He is so frikin sweet he makes you want to vomit. Look at him!....

he just looks like someone you could walk all over and would go get you a cherry limeade at the mention of a desire for it or run to dillons for those ding dong cupcakes with the cream in the middle cuz that sounds kinda good....but...don't worry...that's definitely NOT how we work. ;)

I have this friend David who works with me downtown and I actually don't know him very well but I get along famously with his girlfriend...so one night David called me to come over to his apartment and hang out with some of his friends from out of town. Ugh. I had sweat shorts and a hoodie on with no make up and my hair up what I like to call a "hot mess." I did not want to go, but I guess I thought it would be fun to stop in for awhile. Well I met them all and didn't pay much attention to any of them. All I know is that I thought his name was "Chase" and after he corrected me I informed him that I would still be calling him Chase and that he could get used to it for tonight. I'm so sweet:) Well we got talking and turns out he thought it would be cool to drop the fact that he had a Ninja motorcycle. Well mister...I have a Ninja too! That was pretty much all it took to win his attention haha. Here are our bikes together:

Well we played a game of beer pong together and pretty much won like champs. For those of you who don't know what "beer pong" is...just don't even try to imagine how beer and the game of ping pong go together. I went home after about an hour and that was the end of it. Well so I thought.
A couple weeks later I took off with David and a few people to Manhattan for what they call "Fake Pattys Day". Which means a day long celebration of drinking green beer. And also....nope....thats all that happens. It's a blasty blast. Well Lynn (Davids gf) started texting everyone she knew who was gonna be there and YUP ...Chance was one of them. I didn't remember him really except for the fact that he had a bike and oh ya I thought his name was Chase. Lynn told him and some other people to meet up with us. Here is Matt(David's roommate)and me and then David and his gf. Notice all the green for the event.


We walked around all day and some how just stuck together. Mostly he babysat me while I lost track of all my belongings throughout the day. Including my cell phone which somehow ended up at the police station in Manhattan. Classy. We took this picture during the end of the afternoon so please don't judge my attempt at looking put together.

Well we dropped him off at his car and he never asked for my number or said anything really besides goodbye and it was a blast with me. I kinda figured we just pretend dated for a day, which was fine, he was nice.
I got a text from Lynn the next day saying Chance had text her and freaked out that he never got my text and that he was a moron. HAHA. Typical. Well I said she could give him mine and he immediately began texting me.
That's kinda how this whole thing got started. Not sure how I got roped into it, but I kinda like him. :)

1 comment:

The Whites said...

hahaha blasty blast! I love you... this must be serious because there are... 1, 2, 3 posts about this boy. Why don't you make a trip out to colorado on your sweet ass bikes together ;-) I'm calling you after I get done reading all of these by the way.