Wednesday, July 21, 2010

From corn fields to vineyards

Well it is Wednesday night and Chance and I are struggling to stay awake. We are still recovering from a long.....did you hear me?...LONG weekend. But may I say very over-dramatically.....FUN weekend. I will try to sum up our weekend without TOO many details but there are just so many good things happening in little ole Ellinwood that I may just expound and you're gonna have to either deal with it or skim over them! I heart Ellinwood. Let's begin there. I have always liked the idea of a small town but going there with Chance and hanging with his family has made it entirely harder each time to come back to Wichita. Enough about me wanting to live out in the middle of nowhere because (A) it scares me that I like it so much and (B) I want to get to the all the events of the weekend.
We took a lot of pictures and tried to get some good ones of the land and all the activities, but we didn't want to put up a long blog full of pictures so we made a little slideshow of the pictures. I figured I could fill you in on the events and then you could see the pictures all at once (less scrolling involved and less cutting and pasting for me).
Chance and I drove up on Friday, hung out with family, and ate amazing food (as usual!) at dad’s restaurant. We then went and hung out with some of Chance’s high school friends (characters to say the least). Saturday was spent watching the little small town parade and sitting with grandpa and grandma while Chance rode in the truck for the “Kans 4 Kids” promotion. Ps as I usually mention, talking and spending time with grandpa and grandma is in the top two of my favorite things about Ellinwood:)
The rest of Saturday was spent following all his friends around town and jumping from pools to beer gardens to bbq….it was a blast and good quality time with crazy friends and fun family. I was so glad that Chance’s sister, Tara, was able to come as well, she’s a blast. Saturday night was the “big dance” with an amazing band that plays a lot of classic rock mixed with a little more contemporary music as well. It was so much fun and let’s just say we got so crazy that Chance cut his hand open from playing the tambourine with such a grip of death all night. Yes…I DID just say he was wounded from his tambourine playing. My boyfriend is SO hardcore;) Sunday we ate with the family, went to the annual softball game, and relaxed with friends until it was time to come home.
There were many stories throughout the weekend but not enough blog space to fit all the happenings! It was, in short, an amazing trip…and I’m counting down til the next AHF (After Harvest Fest)….or really…til the next Ellinwood trip in general! Enjoy the pictures and if you have any questions or if I left anything out that you see in the pictures, just comment and I’ll reply as needed!

3 comments:

MA mom said...

You two should work for Ellinwood's Chamber of Commerce...you've got me wanting to go there!! They sure know how to have fun,

The Haddons said...

Chance& Katie,
I'm impressed! Loved the slide show.
We won't have to advertise if you guys keep writing about Ellinwood. HA!

ohio12 said...

Tater, You look so pretty and happy! Little tear in my eye as I read that up here 900 miles away. xo, Big Sister