Saturday, July 10, 2010

Popcorn, pedis, and one patient boyfriend

Well it's the weekend. Which means what Chance and I really want to do is ....well, NOTHING but sit around. Unfortunately, the secular world tells us we are in our early twenties, so we should be out and about on any night that we don't have work in the morning. We usually screw the stereotype and sit around watching TV all weekend on his comfortable couch, but this weekend we decided to socialize a little. My best friend Erin, who got married last June, is 5 months pregnant, and her and her husband Andrew don't feel like "going out" that much anymore either. So we relate pretty well:) Chance and I decided to double date it up and go see "Despicable Me" on opening night last night.
Click this picture to watch the trailer:
(Did Chance get super techy and make it super easy for you to watch the trailer by just clicking a picture? YUP)


O-M-G...if you are between the ages of 9 and 99...go see this movie. Steve Carell from the Office is the main villain's voice and it is a HOOT. So Chance, Andrew, Erin, and I drug ourselves out of our comas and went to the movie.



Chance was super sweet (as usual) and made the movie experience (or what Dane Cook calls a "cinematic adventure") perfect with what makes any Daeschner girl satisfied...treats. We got popcorn, raisinetes, and diet dr pepper:)



Not sure if he wanted all those treats too, or if he was just hoping for a "super sweet boyfriend who gets treats and takes me out on movie nights" kiss...but either way...he got one:)


Being social and not feeling like a super lame couple who wants to stay in all weekend...check.
Attempting to go downtown after the movie at midnight but getting distracted by the couch again...check.
Today I was hoping to sleep in. And of course, this was the weekend I had to lead the supervision meeting at the office at 9 am this morning. Boo that. Well I made it in time (with some credit to Chance calling me to make sure I was up, what a guy) and when I got out, Chance informed me that his best friend from home, Blythe, and her mom, were in town to do some shopping. I love Blythe. She is super fun and we get along like two peas in a bar....I mean pod. We pretty much clicked instantly and I'm pretty sure Chance thinks I'm with him to hang out with her. Not true, obviously...but Blythe enjoys rubbing it in:)
Now here is where your judgment is going to begin. Blythe wanted to go get pedicures with all of us, and I had been telling Chance that at some point I wanted him to try a "sport pedicure" for men. HAHA. I know, I know, I'm evil, right? Well hear me out, my theory is that most men enjoy being pampered just as much as women do so I told Chance that he should just try it once and see how he felt. Plus ...if he likes them, maybe pedicures will be a more frequent occurrence for me...both of us.
So Chance agreed, and Blythe, Chance, and I all sat in our massage chairs and began the pedicure process that I so much adore.
Here is Chance's "pre-pedicure" pep talk.

How adorable is he?
So he sat with all the ladies and read his "Cycle World" magazine to help him feel manly,


got his cuticles snipped,



got his legs and feet rubbed down,


and ended up with prett...I mean HANDSOME feet as a result:)


He was pretty proud that he made it through the painful cuticle chopping and the scrubber that gets the bottom of your feet, because both of us are pretty ticklish, but he was a trooper. I informed him that pain was beauty. Here is his "after pedicure" review:

So I guess he enjoyed himself, and all the ladies enjoyed poking fun and asking him what color he was going to choose...thanks for being so laid back and fun, babe....you're my favorite.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice! This post reminds me of the Friends episode when Chandler learns how AWESOME it is to take a bath...as long as he has his boat!

ohio12 said...

mmm first the sushi, now the movie food. I want those treats! And you can tell Chance, I have never had a pedicure.