Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Sushi Spoilage

This week we have both been pretty sluggish. We had a long weekend in Ellinwood and have since been trying to figure out how to get a good night's sleep.And by "trying to figure out"...I mean we are still in the stage where we want to spend every second together so when midnight rolls around, we sit on the couch and figure out who's gonna be the one to make the push for me to go home. Usually he picks me up from home so he has to leave too, and if those nights weren't struggles enough, the nights where I have to drive myself home are even worse. So we both keep trying to figure out how to make it easier to get home at a decent hour. We started out with a one oclock curfew that we set for ourselves, and then it became 12:30, then midnight...and well we usually get out the door by midnight but not always. So if anyone has any suggestions on how to make it through the "I like you and don't want to leave----I like you more and don't want you to leave either" stage, please help a girl out. Cuz we are both so tired all the time!
Tonight we both had long work days and usually on days where I am moody or he is worn out or we both just need comfort....we get the one thing that satisfies and comforts both of us...SUSHI. We love sushi. Chance is a farm boy who never ate anything that wasn't living at one point and I introduced him to sushi and now he asks for it more than I do:) So we ran and got sushi to go near his house. We love ordering to go. It is probably in the top three of my favorite things to do with Chance list. Ordering food to go from fun restaurants and taking it to the comfort of his apartment.

Our favorite sushi is from a small little place in Old Town called Hana Cafe, and it has these amazing rolls with baked scallops on top...oh man...it is so good that we save it for only the days where we REALLY need spoiling. Today we just stuck with some rolls from a local place since it was close to his apartment. We only needed a little comfort:) The other comfort that usually settles our frustrations or headaches is Diet Dr Pepper. This was another thing that we both loved before we met. Our love for it has only blossomed. At any given point, we usually have at least two twelve packs ready...ya know, just in case we have another Y2K type of scare and we are in need. Speaking of which...I can't believe I was a part of history at that time. Are my kids gonna ask me about how I had to buy a bunch of canned food and bottled water because all the computers were gonna implode at the stroke of midnight in 2000? Yikes. Anyway...we love diet DP.

So we sat down with out diet DPs and sushi plates and put in our next comfort. (we had a lot of comforts goin on tonight)....The Office DVD.

The Office is always there when we both just want to laugh together. I love that we laugh at the same parts...it solidifies that we at least find the same things humorous. His favorite character is Kevin because he thinks he is so funny to watch respond to things, and my favorite is Jim, because I think he is so sarcastic and witty and I love how he plays off the camera. But in general we both love watching it. So our night was relaxing. It makes me think how lucky we are. No kids, no school work....just jobs we have to get up for in the morning, but other than that...we could do just about anything we wanted to tonight. We could run off to Kansas City, we could go see a movie, we could go out for a nice dinner. And no matter how much I love doing sporadic special things, I would never trade the nights I have with Chance just sitting on the couch (the one I got for a hell of a deal by the way...stay tuned for future posts on my bargaining skills), attempting to teach Chance how to use chopsticks, and drinking some of his diet dp because I didn't portion mine out well...for anything. I'm trying to cherish these times where we don't have many responsibilities as a couple, because if my mom taught me anything over and over...it was that this is the time I can never get back in life. Once I commit to everything else, I can't go back to these sushi nights very often...so I'm laughing, sippin, and dippin my way to relaxation tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love to read your posts...you've got a great writer's voice! Keep 'em coming!

The Whites said...

We love getting food to go! But, pretty much just because I'm a cheapskate and hate tipping ;-)

and, HAHA about Y2K that seems like forever ago!