Monday, July 5, 2010

A little about "Chase"

Ok so I don't call him Chase anymore, but I did for a few months...I didn't think it would stick but then he never answered to anything BUT Chase when I tried to call him Chance. Now I call him his actual name, don't worry:)
Chance Alan Haddon is 22, and now a graduate of K-State (Salina campus). His degree is something with computers. Ya I don't know what it really is but it's definitely something techy. PS I love that he is smart. How sexy is intelligence!? He has had a 4.0 his whole life and is as sweet as honey. (Sorry while I brag on him for a minute). Here are a few pics from his graduation in May.




This is Chance's family. Mom, dad, sister (she JUST turned 21 last weekend), and grandparents. How cute are those grandparents!?!?! I could just talk to them all day. They have been married over 50 years and Grandpa claims he's "not quite sure if it's gonna work yet." Chance's family owns a million acres of land out in Ellinwood KS. Ok, not a million, but a lot:) Grandpa is in the oil business and the parents have taken it over along with farming the land. They have some cows, some crops, and own land that the government pays them to not do anything with. They also have a few oil wells that they manage.
Let me just tell you what...this family is amazing. Parents ROCK and I get along with his sister SO WELL. I've never had a younger sister but I feel kinda like she is a sister to me. I hope she feels the same. Dad was SO proud that his only son graduated college with a 4.0 and shed a few tears during the ceremony:( Grandpa and Grandma were also thrilled.
Well I told Chance we should break whatever it was we had going off because he was wanting to move to Wichita and I was scared he was just doing it for me. Well that of course did not sit well with him! He demanded that I not think that way. I prayed a lot about it and took some time to evaluate what we had. I liked him a lot, but I wanted more from him. I wanted spiritual growth and I wanted him to want it for himself, not just because I wanted him to have it. I wanted Jesus to be a huge part of his heart. I wanted to be his second desire, not his first.
Well he moved to Wichita. Big shocker right? He got an apt about 5 min away from my house and scored a super sweet job as the technician for all the computers in all the YMCAs of all of Wichita! Man he is so smart. I love smart.
Don't think we are pathetic...but one time I started naming our kisses. Like..."Grocery store kiss"....or "Stop light kiss." Usually it is to release stress in certain situations. So usually our kisses end up being things like "Longest wait in this line ever kiss" or "We just put this whole chair together wrong and wasted 30 minutes kiss". So here is our "I just graduated college and never have to go back to salina kiss"

He got a job and well ya...we kept hanging out. He's pretty good at keeping me around.

No comments: